Thank you to Netgalley for giving me an advance copy.
Here are some of my spoilery thoughts, read at your own peril:
1. That horse is a unicorn!
2. I am Filipino, and it made me super happy to see a Filipino creature featured in one of my favorite book series. It felt like receiving an unexpected gift out of nowhere.
3. Elara is a well developed character, but Hugh definitely takes the spotlight and outshines her in every page. The authors kind of kept a lot of Elara’s past a mystery, we have a few hints here and there but not enough for me to love her as much as I love Hugh’s character.
4. Hugh is his usual arrogant, manipulative self. The dialogue between him and Elara are a joy to read. He has met his match. Elara is just as manipulative and secretive. The sex is hooooot.
5. I liked the dynamic between the Iron Dogs. Bale and Lamar bickered like an old married couple.
6. That scene between Hugh and Raphael making peace over Aunt B’s death was just… I have no words.
7. Hugh’s fight scenes were really really good. They’ll keep you on the edge, just like Kate.
8. Hugh gives out some of the best lines ever. That part when he tells Roland, “You’ll never get your hands on Kate’s kid. I’ll kill you first” was the ultimate best. Uncle of the year. It completely sealed the deal and made me wish for Kate and Hugh’s reunion.
9. Yes, Hugh should’ve played the brother card with Kate. I look forward to seeing him do that in the next book.
10. I wish Hugh and Elara would adopt Deirdre in the future books.
Having read this book, I can definitely say that the authors have managed to achieve their goal in making us forgive Hugh. I can’t wait to read the final book in the Kate Daniels series.